Cholesterol swings both ways, too much of it and a stroke or heart condition is on the way, too little of it and more problems arise. If you want out of harms way in regards to cholesterol, you better make sure your overall levels are less than 200 mg/dL with LDL cholesterol level less than 100 mg/dL. If you happen to experience, breathlessness, excessive sweating, general fatigue, pain and heaviness in the chest area or uneasiness you might be having high blood cholesterol. Visit your doctor before you find yourself in the ER.
What could have caused or will cause high cholesterol in your blood include excessive smoking and alcohol consumption, high fat diets, obesity and heredity factors. The web crawls with expensive and at times ineffective ways of controlling high blood cholesterol but on the rebound there are natural safe and effective natural remedies for high cholesterol.
– Foremost, change your lifestyle, start eating healthy, stop smoking or abusing alcohol and engage in regular exercise. Regular visits to the doctor go without saying.
– Soluble Fibres: Consuming about 10g or soluble fiber daily will reduce LDL cholesterol by 5%. Accompany this with lots of water to keep constipation at bay. Sources for soluble fiber include Psyllium husk, legumes, whole grains, fresh veggies and fruits.
– Artichoke Leaf Extract: Artichoke limits synthesis of cholesterol while speeding and multiplying production of bile by your liver and gallbladder. This accelerates cholesterol elimination from your body. If you are up for it, accompany this with a glass of onion juice or raw onion slices.
– Start preparing foods using sunflower and nut oil as opposed to butter and hydrogenated oils. Also mix a table spoon of virgin olive oil with vegetable salads, veggies and olive oil aids the body do away with toxins. Ginger can also be used to curb high cholesterol.
– Add foods rich in lecithin e.g. soybeans, egg yolks and whole grain cereals. Start taking 10 tablespoons of fresh apple juice mixed with 5 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) once daily. Preferably in the morning or as you retire to bed.
– If you have cardiac pain, garlic milk will ease the pain as you arrange to visit the specialist. To prepare this, pour a glass of milk in a pan, add garlic (1-2 cloves) and bring it to boil. Drink after it’s cooled. This will only ease the pain but make sure you visit the doctor.